Thursday, May 13, 2010

It's a Boy - What a Roller Coaster Ride!

It's a boy!  Yesterday, my doctor just confirmed that we are going to have a baby boy.  Wow, what a roller coaster ride it has been for me.  So, the story goes like this.  When I was first pregnant, I've always had a gut feeling that I was carrying a baby boy.  So, I went shopping for boy clothes (I know, a little early).  But being our first child, I was too excited and I just love shopping for baby items.  When I had my ultrasound at 18 weeks, the technician that my doctor scheduled me to see was unable to determine the sex of our baby (baby's legs were closed) but was guessing that it was a girl.  From then on, we were convinced that it's going to be a girl plus the fact that many people were saying that they think I am having a girl.  In the Chinese culture, they say that a round tummy will be a girl and a pointy one will be a boy. And, everyone thought my tummy was round.  Then, I started shopping for girl items - oh, how cute they are.  But, to our surprise, we are going to be blessed with a baby boy! 

13 comments:

Sarah said...

Congrats!!! Boys are amazing!

Lizzie's Lovelies said...

Congratulations!!!! Babies, of both sexes, are such wonderful blessings! Enjoy your last few months of pregnancy!!!

Lizzie's Lovelies said...

Do you have a name picked yet?

Shelby said...

Aw so sweet! Congrats!

Shelby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tree said...

Congrats!! That's funny about buying the boy clothes, then the girls...and now it's a boy. LOL Babies are blessings all around...I have boys and girls, and I'm sure you will enjoy your boy SO much.

Super Coupon Lady said...

Congrats! I know you are excited and once again can start shopping for boy items!!!

Cielo Azul Jewelry said...

Congratulations!!!!!! Hispanics also look at tummy shape. I carried the same and had one of each, LOL! I really thought both were boys, but was surprised after delivary on #2, LOL! The roller coast starts after birth, LOL!!

Happy for you=0)
xoxo,
Carol

Midwestern Gone Idahoan said...

Congrats!!!! I hope you got the package from me!!!

Marina@EBMR said...

Oh yay!!!! Congrats.....what fun. All the best for the rest of your pregnancy :) God bless!

Night Owl Mama said...

Thats so funny because here we say ROUND tummy's all in front are most definitely boys.

and if you carry all over your having a girl.

Congrats on your Boy. I have 3 of them they are FUN. and boys LOVE love their Mama's

Michelle @ Flying Giggles said...

Congratulations! Good luck with the She's Having A Baby Event giveaway! Your odds are looking really good...lol.

Bitsy Baby Photography said...

yaay, congrats to you!! I also had "the feeling" about what we were having & was right =) oh those baby clothes are soooo CUTE =)